As long as leprosy afflicts individuals and communities, we are committed to doing all we can to break its power and impact.
Database Specialist (Fixed Term)
The Leprosy Mission is an international Christian charity dedicated to curing, caring for and restoring people affected by leprosy. Funding is raised from New Zealanders for projects in diverse and challenging locations around the world.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Database Specialist will be responsible for undertaking a data review and cleanse exercise, improving the quality of our donor data within our CRM system (Raiser’s Edge). You’ll also review and establish our database procedures to ensure the validity and quality of our data for the future.
Your key areas of focus will be to:
- Drive and implement data integrity and cleanliness of information in the CRM system (Raisers Edge).
- Design and manage reporting templates to provide the fundraising and supporter services teams with data and analytics from historic and recent campaigns.
- Develop and implement process improvement in the quality and effectiveness of our database input and output processes.
- Liaise with our technology partners for the improvement, functionality and integration of various data systems.
- Assess and recommend appropriate security levels for access to the CRM environment
- Training the team to understand and access supporter information available through our CRM database. Demonstrating how our data can be better used to add and maximise value.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Knowledge and experience in SQL CRM system, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Process improvement experience with database systems.
- Experience importing and exporting information into CRM systems preferably Raisers Edge
- Demonstrated experience analysing and interpreting complex data.
- Experience managing quality control practices.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and ability to influence and work with others.
- Working to agreed strategy.
- Experience of working with a fundraising and donor support team and a desire to seek out their database needs to develop effective solutions to providing and analysing relevant supporter database information.
This is a fixed term contract to 22nd December 2017 with future potential and is based in Balmoral, Auckland with parking on site.
If this is the role for you please email your CV with a cover letter addressed to Martin Malkaney, Finance Manager (email@example.com) outlining your experience.