If you are a tertiary student and have a heart for mission, this is an amazing opportunity for you!
- Tertiary student in 2018 and 2019
- Under 24 years old as at 31/12/2018
- Year 13 students in 2018 intending to go to tertiary study in 2019 can apply (parental consent for under 18 years old)
- Students in their Gap Year during 2018 or 2019 may apply
- R4R participation and sponsorship / fundraising of a minimum $500
- Ability to obtain a valid passport and Visa
- Good general health for travelling
- Availability for the Nepal field trip in late January - early February
- Live in New Zealand
- A sound understanding and enthusiasm for the mission and core values of Leprosy Mission New Zealand
- Commitment to raising awareness and funding for Leprosy Mission projects in 2019. This will be your primary mission focus for that year.
*Please contact Gillian if you do not meet the criteria as there are options available to be involved in the Youth Advocate experience.
Youth Advocate Scholarship Recipients
The Youth Advocate Scholarship includes:
- Fully paid flights
- Overseas accommodation
- Internal transport in Nepal
- Travel insurance
Scholarship successful recipients are responsible for:
- Travel to and from Auckland Airport
- Discretionary spending money
- Vaccinations and medication
Full information on how to register for the R4R team can be found here
Full information on the Auckland Marathon www.aucklandmarathon.co.nz
For other runs you can take part in around New Zealand www.runningcalendar.co.nz
Full information on other event options www.events.nz.com/marathons-fun-runs-walks
To find out more about the Youth Advocate Programme please contact Gillian Whitley on (09) 631 1806 or 021 537 356 (txt questions welcome) or email her here.