If you are a tertiary student and have a heart for mission, this is an amazing opportunity for you!
Youth Advocate Scholarship Recipients
- Tertiary student in 2023 and 2024
- Under 24 years old as at 31/12/2023
- Year 13 students in 2023 intending to go to tertiary study in 2024 can apply (parental consent for those under 18 years old)
- Students in their Gap Year during 2023 or 2024 may apply
- R4R participation and sponsorship/fundraising of a minimum of $500
- Ability to obtain a valid passport and Visa
- Good general health for travelling
- Availability for the Nepal field trip in January
- Live in New Zealand
- A sound understanding and enthusiasm for the mission and core values of Leprosy Mission New Zealand
- Commitment to raising awareness and funding for Leprosy Mission projects in 2024. This will be your primary mission focus for that year.
*Please contact Gillian if you do not meet the criteria as there are options available to be involved in the Youth Advocate experience.
*If you are selected to be a Youth Advocate, you will be expected to complete a police check and sign The Code of Conduct of The Leprosy Mission New Zealand.
The Youth Advocate Scholarship includes:
Scholarship successful recipients are responsible for:
Full information on how to register for the R4R team can be found here
Full information on the Auckland Marathon www.aucklandmarathon.co.nz
For other runs, you can take part in around New Zealand www.runningcalendar.co.nz
Full information on other event options www.events.nz.com/marathons-fun-runs-walks
To find out more about the Youth Advocate Programme please contact us at email@example.com