Immerse yourself in the local culture, share the life stories of people affected by leprosy and Leprosy Mission staff.
Take a leap of faith, apply for the Youth Advocate Scholarship and be prepared to make a difference for people affected by leprosy in one of the poorest regions of the world.
This experience has it all:
- Immerse yourself in the local culture, share the life stories of people affected by leprosy, and Leprosy Mission staff
- Overview of all aspects of leprosy-related work including In & Outpatients, physiotherapy, research labs, rehabilitation, reconstructive surgery
- Visits to community-based rehabilitation projects
- Time to explore the culture and commerce of cities and villages
- Trekking in the Kathmandu Valley
- A minimum 10-day trip in January 2024
- Leprosy Mission senior manager leadership
As a Youth Advocate Scholarship candidate, you are challenged to:
1. Raise Sponsorship
You are challenged to raise a sponsorship of $500. You can participate in the Running 4 Rights (R4R) team in any local event long or short - Find out more
2. Tell Us Who You Are
You are challenged to tell us about yourself, your interest in leprosy, and how you will learn from a field visit to witness our work.
3. Let Us Get To Know You Better
A meeting will be held in Auckland in early October to bring together all Auckland-based Scholarship candidates. Skype/phone interviews will be coordinated for candidates outside the Auckland region.